Tuesday, April 1, 2008

What happened during the rest of March??

Here is my attempt to document what happened during the rest of March with our family.
Eric took off work during Spring Break so that he could help with some projects around the house and also so that we could have fun as a family together.
We cleaned out our junk room and got it all cleaned up and decluttered. Now I have some more space and we are getting rid of some things that have been taking up space. Alex did find a new hiding place in my computer desk. We worked on the yard a bit and finished putting bricks around the front flowerbeds.
We went to IKEA ( I love IKEA) and got a matching end table for our game room, a shoe rack for our entryway, and Eric got a filing cabinet for his office. So that meant that we had to assemble them. We put child locks on our cabinets downstairs and need to only do our bathroom cabinets.
We went to the zoo and had a great time there. It was so crowded, but it was the best day to go. The weather was so wonderful. Alex lasted most of the time, and had a great time at the petting zoo. He also was excited to go through the piranha tunnel. He did stop half way through the tunnel, because the carpeting stopped and he wanted to play with the fringes of the carpet instead of continuing on through the tunnel. It would have been fine, except there were about twenty kids behind him that were trying to get through. Eric had to climb into the tunnel to pull him out. It was a good thing that Eric showed up, because he said that he could hear one of the kids behind Alex saying, "Run him over". That conversation ended abruptly when Eric climbed in after Alex. I think that they were to scared to continue it. Needless to say, we had a fabulous time there.


Then we had participated in an Easter egg hunt on Friday with some little ones Alex's age in the playground area in our subdivision. Mostly we took the kids around and watched them try to put eggs into their baskets, most of the time they missed and discovered that they had found a "new" egg to put into their basket. It was fun to see them walk around and play at the park. Maybe next year there will be more action in the finding the egg department.
The week ended with Eric coming down with a cold/sinus infection and missing Easter Sunday at church. I took Alex and stayed for most of the meetings, but when Relief Society rolled around and I was spending it in the hallway, I left a little early. Alex is into everything and can get into stuff that you never dreamed of. He is so much fun lighting up the room with his contagious laughter or magic sparkling eyes. But he is such a handful sometimes (actually most of the time), but I wouldn't have it any other way.
Alex has not wanted to talk very much, so I have started trying to teach him sign language so that maybe it would help with his constant frustration. I guess that the terrible twos can come as quickly after the 1st birthday as they want to. I looked over yesterday at him and I caught him reading a book to himself. He has gotten to where he will bring you a book that he wants you to read. I didn't say that he would stay still for the entire thing, but he will pay attention for a little bit of it. He is growing up so fast and I just want to take him and freeze frame all these memories, before I forget all of the wonderful things that he is learning to do.
Well I think that that about catches us up to date now.

3 comments:

scraphappymama said...

that is great that eric took off for spring break. i bet you got a lot done. i think i may have aaron do that next year, especially since we will have a kid in school. crazy!!!

how's the signing going with alex? it was fun to scrapbook the other night. are you coming to book club?!? :)

4Girls4Me said...

Yaay! You're back!! I missed you when you were not blogging! It was fun to hear what you guys have been up to!! The girls loved all the cute pictures of Alex! He's so adorable!! I like the picture of Alex & Eric. So cute! I'm glad you guys had a fun Spring Break!

Mary Kalree said...

I'm sad I missed you guys at the Easter Egg Hunt! We need to have another mom's play day.