Sunday, April 27, 2008
Wednesday, April 23, 2008
If you are looking for a quick read, this post might not be for you. I have been tagged many times and am just now responding. I will attempt to do the short ones first then tackle the "big one" given to me by my sister-in-law.
First Tag-- How did we name our little one???
Alexander James-- Well at first we thought about Mason Alexander. We were almost decided on that one, but as the time got closer and closer we both felt that it wasn't the right name. Alexander was going to be the last one to carry on Eric's last name and we were still unsure. We both really liked Alexander and wanted to call him Alex for short, so we decided that it would be his name. Now we had to come up with something that would go well with it. I had already delivered Alex and then the dreaded SS Nazi came to see what his name would be and we told her that we knew his first name, but were unsure of his middle name. We felt like the clock was ticking and we didn't really want to give him Eric's first name because of my first name being so close. Eric was laying on the couch half asleep and said, "How about James?" I thought about it and then said that sounded great. Both of us had great grandfather's with the name James and we thought it was perfect. It united both families and solved our problem. Now it just seems so natural.
Ten Things that I Love about my Baby (Toddler)
1. I love to see him run toward me when I come in the room.
2. I love when he giggles when he knows I am chasing after him.
3. I love that he gives the best hugs.
4. I love that he loves to roll around in the laundry and have laundry wars with me.
5. I love when he wants to sit on the couch with me and lets me read to him.
6. I love that he makes the cutest kitty cat noises. ( I must post that one soon.)
7. I love that he still lets me rock with him before bed.
8. I love how forgiving and unconditional his love is for me.
9. I love how excited he is when his dad comes home.
10. I love how good he smells when he gets out of the bath.
The Big List of Lists
100 Things about Me--- or as many as I can think of right now...
1. I love to spend time with my family.
2. I have only one sister.
3. I love to cook and bake.
4. I won a scholarship in high school.
5. I love to take road trips to new places with my family.
6. I have never gotten a ticket, but I have been pulled over once.
7. I would be considered to be a worry-wort. If I am not worrying about something I worry that I am not worrying.
8. I like to camp when it is not too hot.
9. There usually only 3 conditions when I am grumpy and should be avoided (tired, hot,and hungry)
10. I love to play board games.
11. I am not usually competitive when I play a game and am only trying to win without harming the other players.
12. I cry when I get frustrated.
13. My boys make me laugh everyday.
14. I would rather load the dirty dishes in the dishwasher than unload the clean ones and put them away.
15. I dislike vacuuming as a chore.
16. I love to fall asleep to a thunderstorm.
17. I have visited all but 4 states. (Hawaii, Alaska, North Dakota, Minnesota)
18. I have lived in Texas most of my life.
19. I rarely sit down and let myself rest.
20. Which is probably why I fall asleep in less than 2 minutes most every night.
21. I love to shop and find great deals.
22. I like to play spider solitaire on the computer.
23. My favorite drink is hot chocolate in the winter.
24. I love the smell of fresh bread cooking in the oven.
25. I won Reserve Grand Champion for Quick Breads when I was in 4th grade for our county fair and won over $240.
26. My first tape that I bought was the Beach Boys.
27. I have never traveled outside the US.
28. The most beautiful place that I have ever visited is the Southern Oregon and Northern California Coast.
29. I have used my pressure canner/cooker to bottle spaghetti sauce, pears, nectarines, peaches, peach jam.
30. I love Chinese food.
31. I used to wear huge framed glasses in middle school.
32. One of my favorite sounds is to hear my son and husband laughing.
33. I like to take unfamiliar roads and find new ways home.
34. I want to be a hero to my children.
35. I am a early bird and consequently I fall asleep about 9 pm every night.
36. I usually let my hubby pick out the movie that we watch at night (see #35)
37. I used to take piano lessons when I was younger, but had to quit. I wish that I had kept on going.
38. I started my first real job when I was in college (cleaning toilets).
39. I have seen just about every building in the MTC including Elder's dorms.
40. I have shaken President Eyring, Elder Hales, Elder Scott, and Elder Holland's hands.
41. I called Elder Oaks "Daddy Warbucks" mistakenly.(Not to his face)
42. I knew that I was supposed to marry my hubby after about our second date.
43. I get excited about something that I am learning about and usually have to tell someone about it.
44. I fear losing my family.
45. I fear drowning to death.
46. I have been called a free-spirit.
47. I collect children's books.
48. I am usually pretty patient.
49. Marrying my husband was the happiest day of my life.
50. The day of our son's birth was the second happiest day of my life.
51. Our family has almost always had pets at home.
52. I love listen to the radio. My first and only other car I owned had no radio, AC, and I had to shift it into gear even though it was an automatic.
53. I name all my cars.
54. I love to scrapbook even though I just started it as a hobby.
55. I love taking pictures, but get a little disappointed when they don't turn out.
56. I am signing off because I am going to turn into a pumpkin (see #35). Maybe I will finish the list in the morning.
at 8:24 PM
Tuesday, April 8, 2008
Well my friend Ginger posted some pictures that she had taken in a park very close to her house that had Bluebonnet and wild flower beds, so I decided to take Alex there to have his picture taken among the beautiful flowers. They turned out really cute. Thanks for the awesome location information. I couldn't get Alex to look at the camera because he was distracted by two other young children. Maybe I will take him back later and see if he will actually look at the camera. My little baby is growing up so quickly.
at 11:53 AM
Tuesday, April 1, 2008
Thanks Honey for putting music on the blog. I sure do have a sweetheart for a husband.
I sure do have a spruced up blog because of you. Hugs and Kisses oxoxxo
at 9:32 PM
A- Attached or Single: Attached.
B - Best Friend: Eric and my sister
C - Cake or Pie: yellow cake with chocolate icing
D - Day of Choice: Friday
E - Essential Items(s): diaper bag, wallet, sippy cup
F - Favorite Color: purple and green
G - Gummy Bears or Worms: worms
H - Hometown: Killeen, TX
I - Indulgences: Buying Crafting items
J - January or July: January because of birthdays.
K - Kids: Alexander 15 months
L - Life would be incomplete without: Family
M - Marriage Date: June 22, 2002
N - Number of Siblings: 1 sister
O - Oranges or Apples: Apples-- Gala
P - Phobias or Fears: Losing my family and drowning
Q - Quotes: “Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.” --Gordon B. Hinckley
R - Reason to Smile: Having my family all well and happy
S - Season: Spring
T – Three places you have vacationed: Oregon coast, New York City, Washington D.C.
U - Unknown Fact About Me: I used to be a Political Science major in college.
V - Vegetarian or Oppressor of Animal: carnivore
W - Worst Habit: not speaking my mind all of the time
X - X-Rays or Ultrasounds: Ultrasounds to see babies! X-Rays usually mean that something could be broken.
Y - Your Favorite Food: Country cooking or Chinese
Z - Zodiac - Capricorn
at 3:16 PM
Here is my attempt to document what happened during the rest of March with our family.
Eric took off work during Spring Break so that he could help with some projects around the house and also so that we could have fun as a family together.
We cleaned out our junk room and got it all cleaned up and decluttered. Now I have some more space and we are getting rid of some things that have been taking up space. Alex did find a new hiding place in my computer desk. We worked on the yard a bit and finished putting bricks around the front flowerbeds.
We went to IKEA ( I love IKEA) and got a matching end table for our game room, a shoe rack for our entryway, and Eric got a filing cabinet for his office. So that meant that we had to assemble them. We put child locks on our cabinets downstairs and need to only do our bathroom cabinets.
We went to the zoo and had a great time there. It was so crowded, but it was the best day to go. The weather was so wonderful. Alex lasted most of the time, and had a great time at the petting zoo. He also was excited to go through the piranha tunnel. He did stop half way through the tunnel, because the carpeting stopped and he wanted to play with the fringes of the carpet instead of continuing on through the tunnel. It would have been fine, except there were about twenty kids behind him that were trying to get through. Eric had to climb into the tunnel to pull him out. It was a good thing that Eric showed up, because he said that he could hear one of the kids behind Alex saying, "Run him over". That conversation ended abruptly when Eric climbed in after Alex. I think that they were to scared to continue it. Needless to say, we had a fabulous time there.
Then we had participated in an Easter egg hunt on Friday with some little ones Alex's age in the playground area in our subdivision. Mostly we took the kids around and watched them try to put eggs into their baskets, most of the time they missed and discovered that they had found a "new" egg to put into their basket. It was fun to see them walk around and play at the park. Maybe next year there will be more action in the finding the egg department.
The week ended with Eric coming down with a cold/sinus infection and missing Easter Sunday at church. I took Alex and stayed for most of the meetings, but when Relief Society rolled around and I was spending it in the hallway, I left a little early. Alex is into everything and can get into stuff that you never dreamed of. He is so much fun lighting up the room with his contagious laughter or magic sparkling eyes. But he is such a handful sometimes (actually most of the time), but I wouldn't have it any other way.
Alex has not wanted to talk very much, so I have started trying to teach him sign language so that maybe it would help with his constant frustration. I guess that the terrible twos can come as quickly after the 1st birthday as they want to. I looked over yesterday at him and I caught him reading a book to himself. He has gotten to where he will bring you a book that he wants you to read. I didn't say that he would stay still for the entire thing, but he will pay attention for a little bit of it. He is growing up so fast and I just want to take him and freeze frame all these memories, before I forget all of the wonderful things that he is learning to do.
Well I think that that about catches us up to date now.
at 2:43 PM