Sunday, May 24, 2009

Brotherly Love


Alex is at a great age where he is so affectionate to everyone. He will just randomly come up to you and give you leg hugs and then go back to playing. He will also lean his face in and want to get a kiss from you. He doesn't make any puckering with his mouth, but instead it is just a half open mouth kiss. It is too cute anyway. I will take his love anytime. I fear one day he will not be as affectionate as he is now and I will sadly miss it.
He will go up to the cats and say, " Hi, Dadow (Shadow)", "Hi, Angel" and then lean down to try and give them a hug. Well, really it is more like an armless hug and just leaning his head on their backs. Sometimes, if you are quiet, you can hear him say, "Mmmm" as he is giving them or you loves. I love it and can't get enough of it.
At first I was a little nervous about Alex being around Sarah when she was such a newborn, but Alex is such an affectionate little boy that it has been so much fun to see him try and make her happy. I wish that I could get their interactions on video. He is always trying to help take care of her and does a great job at it too.

There have been many times when she has been crying and he will run and get a bottle for her, or grab her rice cereal, baby food and a spoon to try and feed her. Sarah can't get enough of her big brother. She will smile and get quiet when he will affectionately rub her head and say "Hi Eesa (Sarah)". That is his name for her and I love it. It is sticking in our family and that tends to be my favorite nickname for her. Here are the first of many pictures that I hope to have of my two little angels. What a lucky and blessed mom I am to have such beautiful affectionate children.








2 comments:

4Girls4Me said...

So, so sweet!! He is such a sweet big brother. How fun for you. They are both adorable! We can't wait to see you all soon! :)

mmnevill said...

You make really beautiful children! They are both so cute.