Thursday, March 19, 2009

Shakin' things up around here

I decided to shake things up around here. I have been wanting to get a little train table and set for Alex for months now and I finally found one that was reasonable and close to home. I saw this on craigslist and couldn't help myself. I know that Eric is thinking ( Oh,Boy. Here she goes again.) Am I right honey??? Even now, as I am typing this he still doesn't know that I have already bought one. ;0)
Every time that we visit B&N, Alex practically throws a fit every time we have to leave the train table there. His favorite book now is The Little Engine that Could, and he drops whatever he is doing and full-out runs to the front window to catch a glimpse of the train as it passes by our house, so I just knew that this would be a hit around here.
The family that was selling it even delivered it to our house. Nice. So it was sitting in our entry way when Alex woke up from his nap. I thought this out ahead and started taking pictures before and after he saw it. Take a look and judge for yourself if this present was well worth the wait. Sorry honey, I just have to do it every now and then, but you still love me don't you?? ;0)

7 comments:

engstewart said...

Oh boy, here she goes again...

I still love you- ALWAYS! Great job babe. I know Alex will love it!

Barbi by the Sea said...

Hey, that is great and yes I am sure Alex loves it. I am also concerned that you may have to really keep an eye on Dad as he will love having Alex share with him. He was in love with his track and train as little guy also. lv u all

4Girls4Me said...

So cute!! His face in the last picture is just precious! I'm so glad you found a good deal. I'm sure both your little ones will get your money's worth! :)

mmnevill said...

I get those comments from my husband all the time! I came home with a 10 ft. x 10 ft. pop-up Dora tent from the JBF sale. It is huge, but it folds into a tiny bag and of course Addison loves it. I do feel guilty sometimes if I can't clear things with Matt first, but sometimes you have to act quick!

Kristin said...

Oh Alex is a lucky boy! Andrew will be jealous... but he will get one too. :)

Cute new header/family picture at the top. Sarah looks like a little doll.

123 checkoutourfamily said...

How fun! I'm glad you got him one b/c I know you were talking about it. Yeah, when Matt saw the Discover from the consignment sale he let me know. hahaha...I told him I still had to calculate what was my mom's and what's ours. He wasn relieved when most of the 2nd receipt was hers. :)

Weston and William's Blog said...

Our train table is BY FAR the best investment we have made for our boys! They play with it constantly! It does take up a lot of space, but honestly, even my husband, who hates about 95% of the kid's toys, insists that the train table was the greatest idea ever. I'm so glad Alex has one to love!!

and ps- just so you know, if he becomes interested in Thomas, they NEVER go on sale- but you can buy them at Michaels using 50% off coupons... that is by far the best deal out there. Have fun! Can't wait to hear more about it!