Monday, March 2, 2009

Our Little Man

I just had to do a post about our little young man in the family. He is such a joy to have around the house. He is so helpful and is always so observant. Here are just a few examples of this wonderful quality that I hope stays with him forever. His future wife will be one lucky lady.
Whenever the dishwasher needs to be unloaded, he is right there and almost knows where every dish goes. He even puts away the silverware, tupperware, and measuring cups in the right drawers.
He loves to help with the laundry. He will take it out of the dryer and put it on the couch so that it can be sorted and folded.


He also loves to help feed the cats. Yesterday morning he saw that their bowls were empty and picked up the bowl and brought it to the pantry, where the cat food is kept, and was trying to get the bucket open to fill the bowl.
He is quick to put toys away and loves to help me when I am cooking. Anytime he sees baking something he always says "help" and pulls the kitchen step stool out to lend me a hand. He loves to dump ingredients into the bowl and helps to mix whatever I happen to be making.



The most recent example of him being so helpful is that he saw me vacuuming and wanted to do it himself. There is a short clip of him vacuuming the living room (it's kind of loud).

He is the first to give loves in the morning and is so affectionate throughout the day. We learn so much from his example and are so blessed to have him teach us everyday what it means to be childlike. I learn everyday from you Alex. You are amazing.

1 comments:

4Girls4Me said...

He really is adorable! I really, really love the 2nd picture of you & him on the stool!! His smile is so precious!! Thanks for posting these. I forgot to tell you that Madi was so thrilled that he "signed" her birthday card! :) Give him a love from all of us!