Tuesday, July 29, 2008

The Results for Baby #2 are ...

We had our big ultrasound today and let me tell you that I thought that my bladder was going to explode twice during the visit. I drank about 1.5 liters of water right before my ultrasound and then immediately after we were done I had to go visit the ladies room. We met with our doctor and he went over the ultrasound with us and did the measuring. Everything looks good and then he told me that he needed another sterile sample. Uh oh, I already got rid of my samples so Eric had to wait for me to drink another 2 liters of water to get another sample for them. I drank so much that my muscles around my stomach were cramping up.
As far as the gender goes, we asked the technician to see if she could tell the gender and then make a picture and write it on the picture. She made a make-shift envelope and it is currently hanging on the fridge.
I have a gut feeling that it is a girl. We would be so happy with either one... I guess time will tell. Here are the other pictures that we have from the ultrasound.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

glad everything went well. It would be so hard for me not knowing what it is but really it doesn't matter. as long as it is healthy and safe. enjoy your last half of pregnancy

Jana said...

I loved my ultrasound visits. Its such a awesome moment to see your baby and bond. You are so much more patient than I. I could hardly wait to find out. But I understand there are so few true surprises in life anymore. Your in the homestretch. Enjoy.

Weston and William's Blog said...

We didn't find out with baby #2 either, although I think it would be torture to have it hanging right there on the fridge! I would be tooooo tempted!!!! Good for you guys!

4Girls4Me said...

I love the super cute pictures and I'm so glad that the ultrasound went so well! Thanks for the phone call to let me know that my tiniest niece or nephew is doing great! Please mail me the envelope - I'll mail it right back! :)

the watkins said...

Cute pictures. Glad everything looks great. I wish I could have an ultrasound every visit, It is so fun to see the baby.
I can't believe you have it hanging on your fridge!

scraphappymama said...

mmm, can i come visit your house?!?!? i promise, I will put the envelope back the way I found it ;)

Barbi by the Sea said...

I think maybe I had best get busy with a Blessing Dress for a "wee girlie" just in case. Need to have a spare just in case.
Thanks for calling and giving me the update that all is progressing well and mom and baby is doing good. Love you bunches

Jared and Jennie Faurschou said...

That cool you guys are waiting to see what number 2 is going to be. I don't think I could do that. So I came across your blog. Glad to see your family is doing good.