Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Back from Bandon

Well, we made it back home safely and had a wonderful time spending a week and a half with Eric's parents. They drove up from their home to Portland to pick us up at the nightmarish time of midnight when we arrived. A billion thanks for that and all of the chauffeuring around the state you did for us.

One of our first stops in our grand adventure was to see Multnomah Falls near Portland. It is absolutely gorgeous. Eric and I climbed up to the bridge to get a closer view and it was worth every step of it. We took our time and meandered down to Bandon where Eric's parents live and spent the rest of our time there enjoying the scenery and the company. It was wonderful to be able to have Alex around his other set of grandparents for such a long time. He sure did make a bee-line for the kitchen cabinets. He rearranged the spices and examined the pots and pans. He loved being outside and digging in the dirt in the back yard.

We got to go to the beach and look for agates and other unusual rocks. Eric was in heaven and spend many hours on the beach looking for new treasure (rocks) that now have a new home in our house. That is what happens when you marry a geologist.

We had planned on going to visit the Redwoods while we were there, but Eric picked up a stomach bug on the plane and so we made other plans. We visited the shops along Old Town Bandon and got some Umpqua Icecream. They had a dog show while we were there and so we got to see so many different breeds of dogs. Alex even got to sit on one's shoulders.

We completely enjoyed our visit there and can't wait to visit again. The best part was being around family and just enjoying each other.

6 comments:

The Learner said...

Oh Wow! It looks like it was gorgeous there. I'm glad you could go and have family time & enjoy the great outdoors.

4Girls4Me said...

I'm so jealous! I know how gorgeous it is there! It's so peaceful too. I'm so glad that you guys were able to do that. I couldn't see the pictures on my Blackberry, so I'll have to come back! I'm SO glad you are back to blogging! I missed you!

Julia said...

Sounds like a great trip! Beautiful pictures!

Lisa Allen said...

I wish we were going somewhere this summer, I am Jealous!! The pic are great

Ash said...

What a beautiful place! I would love to visit someday! I everyone seems to have been gone the last couple weeks. I wonder if anyone was at church?

4Girls4Me said...

The pictures are gorgeous! (I finally got back home so I could see them). So glad that you guys were able to do that! I wish I could have been there with you! I hope that you are all settled in at home and feeling great! I'll call!