Tuesday, October 23, 2007

New Tricks I have learned this week



These are some of the things that I have discovered this week. Boy has it been busy.

1. Stairs --
I have had a busy week learning all kinds of new tricks. Tuesday, I learned to climb the stairs all the way to the top. I actually have done it twice but I haven't learned how to get down them the correct way yet. My mom sure hopes that I learn that very soon.
2. Dishwasher--
Did you know that everyday (or almost everyday) my mom puts dirty dishes into this box and then when she opens it up they are clean again? It is amazing. Boy do I love to help her by pulling some of those dirty dishes out. I just have to be part of that action.
3. Toilet Paper--
I discovered the toilet paper and how much fun it is to unroll it and put it into my mouth. I just love to pull and pull that white soft paper until I can't pull on it anymore. Then I just leave it on the floor in a heap.
4. The Cat's water bowl---
My favorite thing that I have learned this week was that if my mom is not watching me all the time, I can sneak over to the cat's water dish and play in it and then dump it all over the floor. If I make a really cute face at her she probably won't be so upset with me when she has to clean it up. See for yourself.

7 comments:

The Marielle (and Parents) Show said...

I know a great trick your mom and dad will love Alex. There is a tall water bowl in every bathroom. All you have to sneak off when mom is not watching, pull up, reach in, and start splashing. You should see how mom and dad run when they hear the water. It's pretty neat!

See you at story time,

Marielle

123 checkoutourfamily said...

Wow Erika, sounds like you really have your hands full. I can relate to all the things Alex is getting into except, of course, the cat bowl;however, he is interested in the toilet bowl and tries to get into it when he can.

I'm so glad you have that double stroller. I wish I could make it to story time but I missed it last week and I'm going to miss it again this week...too much house work at the other house.

Ash said...

I love how they slap at everything. I think I will be sad when his movements become less spastic and he can reach for something calmly.

Love the new tricks, Alex!

Kristin said...

yes, it must be the age. Andrew is way into the toilet paper, the stairs, the dishwasher, all of it. They're just so darn curious, it gets them into trouble. It's a good thing they're cute or they wouldn't get away with as much.

Sunnie said...

so you are way busy with the new little kiddo during the day. i'm glad you are figuring out how to manuever everything. and it does take forever to go anywhere. i feel like it takes soooo long to get out the door especially now with 3. and why do kids like toilet paper so much?

1tiredmama said...

I get so excited when I find new blogs that I didn't know exsisted!! Alex is so cute! I will have to add you to my links!!!

4Girls4Me said...

Hey Erika! I love your blog! It's so fun to see my little nephew and I love the way you write about your daily adventures! :) Alex doesn't seem so little anymore! They grow way too fast! He's cuter than ever though and I am finally starting to see some of his Daddy showing up! :) What a cutie! Keep posting - it's so much fun to read! I Love You Guys! Heidi