Tuesday, October 23, 2007

New Addition to our Daytime Family....


We have a new addition to our daytime family. I am now watching a little 2 month old baby for my friend. It has been a week now since I have begun this new daytime adventure. I must say kudos for all of you multiple moms out there. I have always heard that having two kids is hardest to cope with until you get used to it. Now I know.
It really has been getting better day by day. Monday by far was the hardest maneuvering the kids around. I decided to take the bull by the horns and venture out on the first day with multiple kids. I knew that if I stayed at home everyday then I would go insane and so would the kids.
I decided to go to baby story time at the library. I wish some of you could have seen what I looked like. I have one kid in the stroller and a diaper bag across my shoulder and then another baby strapped in a snugglie all of us heading for the library entrance. I heard comments like, "Boy, do you have your hands full." or "Wow, how did you manage that?". I also realized that you also need to allow about 15 minutes extra to get somewhere with all of the newly acquired gear and bodies. Trying to hold a crying/fussy baby and play with a baby that wants to pull up on everything is really challenging, but we made it... and I felt triumphant.
Thanks to the generosity of Melanie, my friend, who lent us her double stroller life and outing have been much easier. We have been to the park and shopping and having more fun. It also helps if you can get both of the kids on a schedule, but at the end of the day boy am I pooped!

1 comments:

Ash said...

This little guy is adorable! And you are a very brave woman!