Sunday, September 6, 2009

Alex's First Day at School

Alex had his first "official" day at our little preschool group last Thursday. I dropped him off at 10 am and went home to spend some quality time with my little baby girl. We formed this preschool a few months ago and have been meeting all together to get the kids used to each of us and our homes. We are co-teaching, since we all have young babies in tow as well. I am excited for it to start and for our turn to teach. I enjoy planning and getting ready for the lessons. I really miss teaching and this is a wonderful outlet to get the creative juices flowing.
This month's theme is transportation and they got to study about buses last week. Alex loves buses and I was excited to see what he got to do there while I was at home. Alex finger painted, practiced cutting out his bus, and then we got to make a bus to take home. Here are some pictures (courtesy of Ashely and Trisha) of Alex's first official day of preschool. A huge thank you to Ashley and Trisha. Alex loved it!!!!



Alex was so fascinated with his bus that he made at preschool, we lost it and he kept on repeating "Bus, Bus, I want to see bus!" It was a scary few minutes, but we managed to find the missing bus in the pantry. What a close call.... Here is a picture of the happy reunion!

4 comments:

123 checkoutourfamily said...

hahaha...so glad Alex found the missing bus. How cute!

He really did enjoy the lessons. I think he was a big fan of the finger painting. :)

Ash said...

I'm going to have so much fun with this! I'm glad he was reunited with the bus!

4Girls4Me said...

Oh so fun!! Is Alex really that big already? I love the cute little bus! Are you guys doing Joy School or something different? Thanks for posting these!

Barbi by the Sea said...

Wow!such a fun time for pre-school age young'uns. Love the pictures of Alex and his wonderful bus. That was a close call to lose a bus in the pantry. So happy it was found. Looking forward to see you in November. Love ya all so much