Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Sick of Being Sick and Beautiful Roses

A few weeks ago we (Alex,Sarah,and I)got sick and it was bad. I haven't been this sick since last year, so I guess I was long overdue. Alex started first with a cough then it turned into a bad cold. We kept him home from church, and knew that he wasn't feeling well when he fell asleep eating a snack at the table.
Right after coming home from church I was the next victim,next followed by Sarah. For about a week we never left the house. I think everyone was ready to get out and see something different than the inside of our home. Everyone was on the mend and I noticed that Sarah was wheezing when she was breathing, so I took her into the after hours clinic on a Saturday. Sure enough, she was getting an ear infection and then they checked her oxygen intake levels and her highest reading was at the very lowest acceptable reading. She got a breathing treatment there in the office, and then a prescription to continue them at home. Thankfully, some of our very dear friends, Matt and Trisha, had a nebulizer(sp?) and let us borrow it. She got breathing treatments for the next few days.
As a consolation prize, Eric was sad about how crummy I was feeling and got me some very beautiful red roses to cheer me up. Too bad I had a head cold, and I couldn't smell how fragrant they were until it was almost too late. Everyday he would ask if I could smell them. My usual reply was" I can almost smell them."

I am so thankful that we are now all well again. It was no fun being sick. I am so glad that Eric didn't get it because he probably would have been sick right when youth conference was going on.

6 comments:

123 checkoutourfamily said...

Glad ya'll are better. It's never fun getting sick, especially for moms b/c we don't get sick days. I am glad Eric didn't get it though so he could go to youth conference.

Barbi by the Sea said...

So happy you are all better. It is so sad when the little ones are so sick and when the momma is sick it is even more sad. Love you all
gma

engstewart said...

Hmmm... I'm not sure why the red roses I brought home look pink- I think the lighting was bad for the picture... oh well. I love you Erika!

dancing queen said...

ahh, glad that you are feeling better NOW! Beautiful roses!

4Girls4Me said...

That picture of Alex is priceless! Poor little guy. That's a bummer that you guys were sick - no fun. We've done the nebulizer several times too - I'm glad it helped and everyone's back to normal. :) I'm up with a sick baby this very moment - I can relate!!

Unknown said...

love all the posts, the pictures of the kids in the flowers were awesome. I am glad that you are not sick anymore, it is going around our house right now. looks like you had a fantastic Easter. We had to redistribute candy too, my Tyler was the conquerer that day.