Saturday, May 3, 2008

The Top 100 list- part 2!

Ok, this is Eric now. I've been teasing Erika about not finishing her list for a week now, and she's been slacking (it's not like she has anything else going on- just watching two energetic little boys all day, taking care of the house, cooking, serving as chauffeur, scrapbooking, etc. etc. etc...). I thought you might want to learn more about Erika through the eyes of her husband- too bad I know her password HEE HEE. :)

57. Erika loves to cook. She is very talented and breads, cakes, cinnamon rolls, etc are her specialty.
58. Erika is VERY ticklish on her neck. She hates having her feet tickled though.
59. Erika loves peanut butter, jelly, banana and cheese sandwiches.
60. Erika scares her husband sometimes when she's driving. She's a good driver- we just have different styles, that's all (I happen to LIKE space between me and the car in front of me for some strange reason- go figure!).
61. Erika loves to go on walks, except when it's too hot. Then she loves to swim.
62. Erika has seen the movie "You've Got Mail" about 673 times. This month.
63. Erika gets stir-crazy being in the house for too long. She likes being out and about. I'm kind of the opposite.
64. Erika taught herself to whistle while we were dating.
65. Erika has a fantastic memory for events and details.
66. Erika has dyslexia. Although reading is sometimes a challenge, her condition has also been a blessing as it has helped her identify kids in her classrooms that could benefit from special care and training.
67. Erika caught her future husband's eye by being a "spiritual giant" when they were in the same Family Home Evening group as singles. Little did he know she was a little trickster too (she splashed in a mud puddle onto my brand new slacks on one of our first dates. I was shocked, but laughed it off when I saw her trying not to laugh) :)
68. Erika loves fruit- ANY fruit. It's definitely her favorite food group. I think this was her driving force for learning how to can/bottle.
69. Erika brushes her teeth religiously every night (Thanks Erika!).
70. Erika once played the computer game "Diablo" all the way through, much to the shock and delight of her husband!
71. Erika has served as both Primary President and Relief Society President.
72. Erika LOVES bring a Mommy. She is great with Alex and I enjoy seeing her play with him. She's also a step-Mommy as she watches a little boy during the day.
73. When we were dating, Erika said she wanted six kids. <:-O
74. Erika is struggling to finish The Dark is Rising book series. She doesn't like it very much (I love it), but see made and is keeping a promise to complete it.
75. Erika was the first person in her family to blog. Unfortunately, she's also the only person in her family to blog (hint hint Karen!) :)
76. Erika talked nearly non-stop about her experiences at BYU when we first met. She had just moved down here and had a great experience there. We sometimes wish we had known each other up there.
77. Erika is generally the one that leads our family is doing good works- she is always looking to help someone- it's one of the many things I admire about her.
78. Erika is patient with her husband's boxes of rocks all over the house. She knew the "baggage" she was getting along with marrying a geologist!
79. Erika sleeps all bundled up in the covers but always with her feet sticking out (on purpose).
80. Erika has dimples in her cheeks. ;)
81. Erika has never been outside of the United States; she's been to 46 states, however. I hope to take her to Europe (especially London) someday.
82. IKEA is one of Erika's favorite stores, along with Michaels and Hobby Lobby.
83. Erika's nickname is "Smiley". She is a very positive, bubbly, and cheery person. Another of the things I love about her. By the way, NEVER call her Eriku. You've been warned.
84. Erika once saved a professor (that she didn't much care for) from an embarrassing situation by telling him he was trailing toilet paper out of his pants!
85. Erika loves to sing to herself but gets a little embarrassed singing out loud sometimes. I love hearing her humming to herself subconsciously.
86. Erika got hooked on the TV show "Babylon 5" (courtesy of her husband).
87. Erika is considering going back to school to get a Master's in Library Science.
88. Erika made a quilt by hand that now proudly hangs on our bedroom wall. It's beautiful and she did it from scratch (no plan). Great job honey!
89. Erika has several strange nicknames from her weird husband- "pumpkey", "honey boof ball", "butterbuns", and "babydoll" to name a few. She also gets whatever is on my mind at the time- isn't that right my little bloggerizer?
90. Erika once almost broke her foot using Tae Kwon Do on some poor unfortunate target.
91. Erika and I kept a log of all of our correspondence and activities while we were dating- she can tell you by memory usually (see #65 above), but I am not as fortunate.
92. Erika is one of the most righteous people I know. She is a lot of fun but she truly exemplifies the Savior, especially in our family.
93. Erika sometimes has trouble expressing herself, because she gets so excited to get something said that she trips over her words.
94. Erika's favorite place is Humbug Mountain, Southern Oregon coast.
95. Erika has turned into a digital picture fiend- usually several pictures per day. I tease her about it a little but I'm glad since our son's growing up so fast...
96. The name of Erika's current car is Black Death (don't ask me... psycho!) ;)
97. Erika is usually right when we have a difference of opinion, but she's not the type of person who rubs it in. She's a very forgiving and patient person with all of "less desirable" traits her husband occasionally displays...
98. Erika's Love Languages are Quality Time and Acts of Service. Read "The Five Love Languages" by Gary Chapman if you have no idea what I'm talking about.
99. Erika helped me to enjoy dancing. I'm no Fred Astaire, but I do like a slow dance now and then with my eternal partner... :)
100. Wow! That's quite a list. Unfortunately, it doesn't begin to describe the wonderful person that I share my life with. Erika is the best thing that ever happened to me- ask anyone who knew me before we met. She is my best friend and the most wonderful wife and mother for Alex. I miss her, even if she's just gone for a walk or I've gone to work. I hope you've enjoyed getting to know her a little better. I can speak from experience when I say she's the kind of friend you want to be around. Thanks for all you do for her!

7 comments:

Barbi by the Sea said...

So good to hear so much love and caring. Love the blog and that Eric wanted to make sure it was completed. Love you all so much.

scraphappymama said...

i'm impressed your hubby would blog for you. i'm not sure i could pay aaron to even read my blog ;) loved the list!!

Unknown said...

What a sweetheart. You guys are so blessed to have eachother. Wish we lived closer to be able to hang out with you guys.
-Maelynn

4Girls4Me said...

So sweet Little Brother!! Erika is awesome! We love all of you!

123 checkoutourfamily said...

How sweet! You really know Erika quite well. It's fun to learn some things about her that I wouldn't otherwise know. thanks for sharing!

Ash said...

That was so cute! Your husband should win some kind of reward for that. Very impressive and sweet and funny. I liked learning all the random things about you. That's a lot of times to watch You've got Mail.

Kristin said...

That was fun to hear about Erika from Eric's POV. Things I didn't know! But I love Erika too. I can add one more: She is an excellent Visiting Teacher!