Thursday, January 24, 2008

First Haircut forLittle Man

Alex got his first haircut on Saturday. It was getting so shaggy and long. I have to admit that I had mixed feelings about it. I loved his bangs and he was my cute little baby boy, but after multiple strangers were mistaking him for a girl, I knew that it was time to take some action.
Here is the before shot

So we grabbed the clippers, laptop, Baby Einstein DVD, and a bottle and went to town. I got him used to the clippers by turning them on and letting him feel them so that when it was time, he wouldn't be scared of them.

He did really well and even though he does look more grown-up he will always be my little baby boy. Here is the after shot.

7 comments:

The Marielle (and Parents) Show said...

Wow, that really changed his look! But of course, he is still adorable! :)

Ash said...

I hate the first haircut! It's like someone yanks your baby away right before your eyes and replaces him with a toddler. Can you tell I'm a little sad about the growing up thing?? Alex's haircut is really cute though.

I did my header on photoshop.

4Girls4Me said...

Oh my gosh - he is SO cute!!! He does look much more grown-up (it happens WAY too fast doesn't it??) but he just looks so adorable!! Give him a big love from me and bring him out to visit!!! (Don't forget the board games!)

the watkins said...

I agree with Heidi. He looks more grown up... and very cute! Sounds like you guys are doing really well.

Unknown said...

Alex is so cute and in the after shot it sure looks like he knows it. What a cute smirk. Take care and keep posting pics of that cute little guys. Love, maelynn

scraphappymama said...

so cute. the first haircut is the hardest. kids grow up too fast

4Girls4Me said...

I really like the new background! Super cute - and blue is the perfect color! :) We all miss you guys!!