Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Please Mom, I need your help....

This actually came out of my sweet little boy's mouth this morning. He was talking to me and this is how our conversation went.
Alex: Please Mom, I need your help.
Me: What do you need help with, Alex?
Alex: I want to kill you.
Me: What? You want to kill me?
Alex: Yes.
Me: (light bulb going on in my mind) Oh, like David and Goliath?
Alex: (getting really excited and with a huge grin on his face) Yeah!!!
Me: OK. Now I understand.

Last night for Family Home Evening, we were role playing the scripture story of David and Goliath complete with swords, helmets, and paper balls for stones. Wow did that story get Alex and Sarah excited. They both had the opportunity to pretend to be David and slay Goliath (played by Dad). I love that they are remembering and wanting to learn about the scripture stories. That was a fun conversation that I want to remember and record.

2 comments:

engstewart said...

Oh, the things we (unintentionally) teach our kids! This one gave us quite a laugh (after quite a scare!).

4Girls4Me said...

You guys are so cute!! Maybe you'll have to make those kind of reenactments a little less exciting. :)